Our Laminate doors are made with 3/4" thick MDF core and North American made laminate that meets or exceeds NEMA standards for wear resistant and impact testing. The core is machined to desired profile [from 1/8" radius to 180 degree]. The laminate can then be postformed on 2 sides to achieve your desired profile or left square. Then it is cut to your desired height for door size. We offer various edgebanding for the no-postformed ends of the door; from .5mm thickness to 3mm thick, in a variety of colours.
Dollken 3D Edgetape
High Pressure Laminates
HPL or High Pressure Laminate is about the most durable laminate available. It is made of several sheets of paper that get bonded together using high pressure presses. It is used in many horizontal applications such as counter tops and higher quality table tops. On vertical surfaces, it is commonly used for doors and drawer fronts of cabinets. HPL has higher impact resistance than most other laminates. They are used most commonly in commercial or industrial applications but with the wide array of color choices Laminate doors are becoming very popular for the residential application as well.
- High Pressure Laminate doors are available in Titewrap (1/8" Radius), 90* (3/8" Radius), 180* (full wrap) or Square
- Your color choices are from any of the High Pressure Laminate color chains, some of the more popular brands being Wilsonart, Formica and Arborite. Nevemar and Pionite need to be quoted based on availability. All colors need to be checked for availability prior to project time lines being set.
- Also available in a matching back or a white back and can come in suede, matte finishes. French polish or high gloss (High Gloss Frosty White is a Stock Color, all other high gloss would need to be quoted based on availability)
- Edgebanding comes in a standard 0.5mm, 2mm or 3mm. You can also upgrade to a Dollken 3D Edgetape.
LPL (Low pressure laminate) or Melamine as it is commonly known: Melamine paper is thermally bonded to particleboard or MDF panels. This is produced in higher volumes than HPL. It is thinner (about .007") than HPL and is more economical. Since it is thinner, it has less impact resistance than HPL, but still a very good durable choice for doors and drawer fronts of cabinets.
- Melamine Doors are available in 90* (3/8" Radius), 180* (full wrap) or Square
- Edgebanding can come in a standard 0.5mm or 3mm, you can also upgrade to the dolken 3d edgetape.
- With 14 Stock Colors there is enough color choice to suite most needs:
Negotiating in Geneva***
Chocolate Pear Tree***
**matching back available
***matching back only
StevensWood Textured Melamine
StevensWood Textured Melamine combines sophisticated Thermofused Melamine (TFM) textured colors with high style, high performance along with an economical advantage and a low impact on the environment.
- StevensWood Textured Melamines are available in Square door & a matching standard (0.05mm) edgetape
- Stock Colors include matching backs:
Natural or Engineered
New Age Veneer also known as Reconstituted Veneer is a man-made product using fiber from the poplar and obichi trees from sustainably managed forests. The beauty of the "New Age" or "Reconstituted Veneer" is it's outstanding color and grain consistency from sheet to sheet. Making it a popular choice with designers and architects where grain and color consistency is critical.
- New Age Veneers are available in 90* (3/8" Radius), Euro Curve (1/4" Radius) or Square
- Matching standard edgebanding (0.5mm)
- Stock Colors include matching backs:
Coastal VG Fir
Real Wood Veneer Doors are available in any real wood species (some are special order). Stock species include Maple, Red Oak, White Oak, Cherry, Walnut, Alder and Mahogany, which are pressed onto a 3/4" MDF Board and can be post-formed into Euro-Curve (1/4" Radius), 90* (3/8" Radius) or Square.
They can be edged using a standard matching edgetape, 2mm or 3mm matching edgetape and can be finished the same way you would a wood door.