
A sea of humanity marched across the Sydney Harbour Bridge on August 3, demanding federal Labor impose sanctions on Israel, stop the two-way arms trade with Israel and send food aid to Gaza.
Palestine Action Group estimated that between 200,000鈥300,000 people took part, while NSW Police estimated 90,000.
The took place in driving rain and despite the NSW Labor government鈥檚 attempts to stop it.
Several NSW Labor MPs made their support public beforehand, and marched at the front alongside Julian Assange, and Greens MPs, as well as prominent Arab Australian figures and former Socceroo and Australian of the Year Craig Foster.
The march had been called eight days beforehand, after bigger-than-usual numbers started turning up to the fortnightly Palestine protests, expressing deep concern not only about Israel鈥檚 starvation genocide but Labor鈥檚 refusal to do anything concrete.
A growing number of trade unions, some affiliated to Labor, publicly declared their support for the march and opposition to the Chris Minns Labor government鈥檚 attempt to ban it.
These included the Maritime Union of Australia, Electrical Trades Union, Australian Services Union, National Tertiary Education Union, Communication Workers Union, Finance Sector Union, Retail and Fast Food Workers Union, Independent Education Union, United Workers Union, Australian Manufacturing Workers Union, the Media Entertainment and Arts Alliance and the NSW Teachers Federation. ASMOF NSW, the doctors鈥 union, issued a statement in support of Gaza, calling on Labor to act, and sent a delegation to the march.
, including children, seeking aid at the Israeli-United States controlled 鈥渁id distribution points鈥 run by the misnamed Gaza Humanitarian Foundation (GHF).
albobloodonyourhands3-8-25bypeterboyle.jpg

Gaza鈥檚 health ministry reported on August 3 that at least 65 Palestinians were killed while seeking aid and 511 more were wounded, according to Al Jazeera. It said 119 had been killed, including 15 recovered from under destroyed buildings. Some 866 wounded Palestinians have sought help at the deprived hospitals over the past 24 hours.
The said more than 1400 people seeking aid have been killed since GHF began operating in May. The Office of the High Commissioner said that most killings were committed by the Israeli military and that 鈥渨hile it is aware of the presence of other armed elements in the same areas, it does not have information indicating their involvement in the killings鈥.
The UN Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees () has repeated its call to open road crossings to supply aid at scale across Gaza. 鈥淎irdrops are at least 100 times more costly than trucks. Trucks carry twice as much aid as planes,鈥 UNRWA Commissioner-General Philippe Lazzarini on social media.
Labor foreign minister announced a , on August 4, the day after the Sydney Harbour Bridge protest. However, she was silent on sanctions or an end to the two-way arms trade.
starvingchildrenisawarcrime3-8-25byjordanak.jpeg

More than Israel鈥檚 mass starvation in Gaza in Naarm/Melbourne on August 3. Protesters started at the State Library and attempted to march across King Street Bridge, in solidarity with the Sydney Harbour Bridge march, but were blocked by Victorian Police.
Jacob Andrewartha also reports that 600 delegates to Victorian Labor鈥檚 conference on August 2 passed several pro-Palestine to sanction the whole Israeli cabinet, end all military trade with Israel, recognise a Palestinian state and direct aid to civilians in Gaza.
Delegates also voted to fully implement the聽鈥檚 ruling last year that Israel鈥檚 occupation is unlawful and all states have an obligation to ensure that no entities are aiding or abetting the commission of unlawful acts. 鈥檚 policy to recommend a full parliamentary inquiry into AUKUS, suspend participation and funding of the military pact and to take it out of the Labor鈥檚 National Platform, was also voted up.
More than an emergency 鈥淪top Starving Gaza鈥 action, called by Justice for Palestine Magan-djin, on August 1 at Central Station in Magan-djin/Brisbane. After banging pots and pans for almost an hour, protesters marched to the Queen Street Mall, where they continued to protest.
stopstarvinggazabanner1-8-25byalexbainbridge-web.jpg

Justice for Palestine representatives emphasised that starvation in Gaza is a deliberate policy, not an accident, and that while Labor refuses to sanction Israel, it becomes complicit in the genocide.
That night, Palestinian Australians and supporters joined the iconic Luminous Lantern Parade on Southbank. Thousands cheered the watermelon lanterns and the banners calling for 鈥渇reedom, justice and peace鈥.
Free Palestine Far North Queensland organised a pots and pans protest on August 1 at Hind Rajab Place in 骋颈尘耻测/颁补颈谤苍蝉听to highlight Israel鈥檚 enforced starvation.
ceasefirenowtownsville2-8-25bycarlysheil.jpg

People came together to show support for Palestine in Townsville on August 2, attracting many supportive honks and waves. Future actions are planned in the area, including a pots and pans protest on August 15.
boorlooperth2-8-25byalexsalmon.jpg

Hundreds rallied despite rain in Boorloo/Perth, on August 2, to demand that Australia sanction Israel. Alex Salmon reports protesters called for sanctions on Israel, a two-way arms embargo and the immediate expulsion of the Israeli ambassador, as well as calling for an end to the bombing and starvation of Gaza. Friends of Palestine WA鈥檚 next rally is on August 16 in Forest Place.
kaurnayertapalestinerally3august.jpg

Markela Panegyres reports that Kaurna Yerta/Adelaide hosted its largest Palestine rally to date with about 2000 in attendance on August 3. The snap rally was in response to the聽聽by Palestinian activists in Palestine and in the diaspora for an international day of solidarity with Gaza.
The rally also expressed solidarity with the Sydney Harbour Bridge march, held the same day. Protesters met at Peace Park for speeches and then marched over the King William Bridge to Parliament House.
The Palestine Action Group (PAGC) in Canberra hosted its on August 2. This week鈥檚 was for slain Palestinian journalist Hossam Shabat, who was targeted for assassination because of his work. He was only 33 years old.
PAGC members also travelled to Gadigal Country/Sydney for the March for Humanity: Save Gaza rally.
stoppinegaptargetting2-8-25supplied.jpg

Actions to mark the 80th anniversary of the unnecessary dropping of nuclear bombs on the Japanese cities of Hiroshima (August 6, 1945) and Nagasaki (August 9), have also begun around the country.
A in Gadigal Country/Sydney on August 2 drew the links between the flattening of those cities with Israel鈥檚 bombing of Gaza.
An exhibition commemorating 80 years of resistance will be launched in Magan-djin/Brisbane on August 5.
sanctionisrael3-8-25bypeterboyle.jpg

freepalestine3-8-25byzebparkes.jpg

letpalestinelive3-8-25bypeterboyle.jpg

harbour_bridge_march_2.jpg

lesbiansforlandback3-8-25byzebparkes.jpg

socialistalliance3-8-25byzebparkes.jpg

palflags3-8-25bypeterboyle.jpg

moregazaisstarving1-8-25byalexbainbridge-web.jpg

carmen1-8-25byalexbainbridge-web.jpg

sanctionisrael1-8-25byalexbainbridge-web.jpg

lesthomas3-8-25byjordanak.jpeg

fromrivertosea3-8-25bychloeds.jpeg

morenotatarget3-8-25byjordanak.jpeg

protestagainstmurder3-8-25byjordanak.jpeg

rockinghamforpalestine2-8-25byalexsalmon.jpg

cutallties2-8-25byalexsalmon.jpg

apartheidwrong2-8-25byalexsalmon.jpg
